Monday, February 8, 2010

FIrst Day of Skiing




So now that we own a Subaru and are official Coloradans (is that a word?), it was time to take Ella for her first ski lesson. As particular as our Ella is about her clothes, her temperature, her environment, and her surroundings, she was surprisingly easy-going and excited to get bundled up, head to the mountains, and pizza and french fry down the slopes. She is taking lessons with her buddy Kieran, the son of one of Ryan's co-workers, and Ryan was able to ski with Kieran's dad, Chad. She absolutely loved it. They had a great first day of skiing- beautiful weather and perfect ski conditions. Ella said she was hot, so the cold definitely did not slow her down. They moved her up from level one to two, and she was sure to make sure we knew that. When she got home she asked me, " Mommy, do I own anything expensive? I want to sell something so that I can buy my own skis." The next day, Ryan and Ella spent the day surfing the internet for posters of skiers. I think we are off to a good start.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ella. It looks like you had so much fun! I hope I can see you ski someday soon. Maybe we can ski together! How about that?

    ReplyDelete